The best makeup for sensitive skin
Sensitive skin is often subject to visible reactions such as redness, discolouration or blemishes. Women often look for solutions to minimise or cover up these flaws, but because sensitive skin can be unpredictable or even reactive, many makeup products only make the issues worse. Find out how to choose and apply the right makeup to keep your sensitive skin or eyes firmly in their comfort zone.
- Check your makeup is hypoallergenic, dermatologically tested and nickel-controlled.
- Test makeup on your neck to screen for reactions.
- Choose products with moisturising, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant active ingredients to soothe skin, plus UV and pollution protection.
- Avoid contamination by washing your hands prior to application and cleaning your makeup brushes regularly. Store your products in a cool, dry place.
- Prepare skin for makeup by systematically cleansing twice daily and moisturising prior to makeup application.
- Use colour-corrector pens to conceal imperfections and a hypoallergenic BB cream to even out the complexion on “no makeup days”.
- For fuller coverage, choose a soothing and skin-correcting foundation from La Roche-Posay’s TOLERIANE Teint range.
- Set your base with a non-irritant mattifying powder.
- Sculpt your face with a blush suitable for sensitive skin types.
- Glorify your eyes with the allergen-free RESPECTISSIME range of mascaras and eyeshadows.
- Enhance your smile whilst lavishing care on chapped lips with NOVALIP Duo.
- Round off your makeup application with a spritz of naturally soothing and anti-oxidant thermal spring water.
- Religiously remove makeup every night with a remover adapted to sensitive skin and eyes. For super sensitive eyes, consider cleansers that come in sterile monodoses such as TOLERIANE Ultra Monodose Eye Makeup Remover.