MAKEUP: SCARRING MARKS
HOW TO NATURALLY AND TOPICALLY
CONCEAL A SCAR
1. If the scar appears flat, thin, and slightly red, topical application of corrective make-up
may be sufficient, such as Tolériane Concealer Pen-Brush. If the scar is thicker,
hyper- or hypo- pigmented, larger, or located on the body, you may use a corrective
product such as Tolériane Compact Corrective Foundation. For more effective
correction, apply the corrective product with a flat foundation brush in order to reach
all the crevices.
2. It is best to select a shade in-between that of the scarred skin and healthy skin.
3. Corrective product is best applied by working perpendicular to the skin to avoid drawing
around the scar, which would accentuate the embossed appearance of the skin.
4. Set the corrective make-up with a matte mineral powder such as Tolériane Teint Mineral
Foundation. Gently pat with a tissue to absorb any excess foundation.
5. Mist a small amount of thermal source water over the corrective make-up, and allow
to air- dry. This will give it a more natural look that lasts longer.
Note that hypertrophic or keloid scars are harder to conceal due to their volume.
Carine's Tip• Aim to improve your appearance rather than for perfection. Thick make-up will only draw
attention to the scar.
• Scars reach maturity around the 18th month, so remember to regularly check the shade
of your corrective products to keep a natural appearance. The appearance of the scar will
change continually for a year and a half before it stabilizes.