How to shave
Shaving can stress the skin by damaging the surface, and may be painful for those with dry or sensitive skin. “Razor burn” occurs when skin is left red and inflamed after shaving, but this reaction can be prevented:
• Moisten skin with warm water or a warm compress.
• Use a pre-shave oil and massage the beard in circular motions.
• Make sure your shaving foam or gel is alcohol-free.
• Go with the grain (shave in the direction the hair grows) pressing very lightly.
• Opt for single-blade wet razors or consider switching to an electric shaver.
• Thoroughly clean your blades before and after use.
• Follow up with a repairing healing cream with vitamin B5.